Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 8/29/11

Happy Monday rockers! Have you ever had one of those weekends where things got so crazy that by Sunday night, you feel like you didn't get anything done? While I did get quite a bit of groceries prepped and frozen over the weekend, the only thing I managed to get into the oven was a big pan of chicken to use through the week. Now, I feel like I need to play catch up over the next couple of days. I also have a ton of produce to use from the garden out back. As a result, here's what the Headbangin' Household will be eating:

Monday: Breakfast: cream of wheat and toast
Lunch-Hot lunch at school for the kids (gross I know, but I've had a seriously proper Monday morning) Mom and Dad get leftovers.
Dinner- Stuffed bell pepper burritos with homemade salsa (this makes alot so I'll make extra burritos to freeze for lunches). I use the recipe as a guide, but I chop the peppers and mix them with everything else instead of fill them. The kids prefer it this way.

Tuesday: Breakfast-breakfast sandwiches (I'm going to make a few extra and try to freeze these. I've read it works well, I've just always been afraid to try. I hope it works!)
Lunch- leftover burritos
Dinner-Zucchini casserole with chicken and spinach added in and mashed potatoes on the side (Can't wait for this...total comfort food!). I saute the zucchini instead of boil it. We also prefer it with spinach (or broccoli) instead of the carrots.

Wednesday: Breakfast-Peanut Butter baked oatmeal
Lunch- Homemade chicken veggie soup with croutons that I'll make from leftover french bread from the weekend.
Dinner- leftovers from Tuesday dinner

Thursday: Breakfast-cream of wheat and toast
Lunch- corn dog muffins (just cut up some hotdog pieces in your favorite cornbread recipe)
Dinner- Breakfast! Biscuits and gravy, bacon (making extra), fruit salad

Friday: Breakfast- leftover biscuits and gravy
Lunch- BLT's from leftovers
Dinner- Pizza night! Going to use bell peppers, green onions, zucchini and tomatoes from the garden. I'll also use some spinach I picked up on mark down. I'll also freeze a few slices for a lunch next week.

Saturday: Breakfast-danishes with zucchini jam, fruit
Lunch- leftover pizza
Dinner-Zucchini patties and pasta salad

Sunday: Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch-leftover pizza
Dinner- Chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, cucumber tomato salad

Desserts: Zucchini pie, zucchini cookies or warm delights with blueberries

Snacks: fruit, yogurt, peanut butter toast, chips and salsa

What's cookin' at your place this week?
Until next time, rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment