Thursday, June 10, 2010

First Garden pick!

You know how it goes. You plant seeds and starts, you water, you weed, you fertilize. Wash, rinse, repeat. For months. MONTHS! Starting the garden in March sounded like a great idea at the time. We had gotten lucky with some nice weather and thought if we got everything into the ground nice and early, we'd see an early harvest.
Meanwhile, back in reality, Mother Nature had another plan. Apparently she thought it's be just hilarious to give California a long winter. Lots of rain. Sun, not so much.
(This week, I can't complain. I finally got to run around barefoot most of the time. That's just how I gauge the weather. If I can run barefoot all day till bedtime, it's officially warm. Anyhow, back on topic.)
So, summer, or spring maybe (?) finally showed up this week. Finally, the garden has produced something. I couldn't wait to show you a picture! We got a couple handfuls of sweet peas, a strawberry, two raspberries, I think 8 blueberries and a whole whopping orange cherry tomato. Can you believe it? I know, it's not exactly enough for a meal yet, but it's a start!
I can't be the only metal head with a garden. How are your gardens growing?
Until next time, rock on my friends!

1 comment:

  1. You're not! Although ours is small (consisting of 5 tomato plants in containers due to lack of sun and the abounding wild animals), we're still waiting on those little tomatoes to come to fruition! They're on their way. I planted them back in April, and we've had blooms and now we have tiny tomatoes growing. Patience is a virtue when it comes to gardening! :)

    ReplyDelete