Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baking Day 4/17/10

Happy Saturday everyone! There's nothing like the sound of Harleys and Slipknot on a Saturday morning! We had an awesome surprise visit from my brother and parents who rode down this morning. Here's what I got done for the week...
The pan that is already half eaten was the new recipe to try this week. They are Latte Bars and they are awesome! I didn't put the pecans in, added a couple dashes of cinnamon, and sprinkled the chocolate chips on top instead of mixing them in. I really should have made two pans. They were easy enough to be an everyday recipe, but taste fancy enough to add to the Christmas list.
Next was a double batch of Fruit Cocktail Cake. Do you remember the cuppa-cuppa cake that Dolly Parton talks about in Steel Magnolias? It's that cake.
I also made the usual Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal to freeze for the week. The kids just love the stuff. There's a batch of their favorite Banana Carrot Muffins, Honey Oat Casserole Bread, and some pizza cups that I threw together using my favorite pizza crust recipe and random leftovers in the fridge. As always, I tossed in some sweet and regular potatoes while everything else baked to reheat throughout the week.
That's all folks! It's an absolutely gorgeous day out, so I'm going to get out back and plant a few things in the garden. I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!
Until next time, rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment