Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 4/19/10

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had awesome weather in my part of the world all weekend, and got to visit a bit with friends and family. We have a busy week here in the Headbangin' Household so I'm planning quick and easiness so I can keep my sanity and stay on budget. I can't blow it now....we are way too close to concert season!
Monday is baked chicken, baked potatoes and steamed carrots. I love when I can throw and go!
Tuesday is "Clean the fridge soup" and Honey Oat bread from baking day. Basically, I'll throw the leftover chicken and veggies from Monday into the crock pot with whatever other veggies are in the fridge and freezer that need using along with some broth. I'll add a couple handfuls of pasta in about a half an hour before dinner and call it done.
Wednesday will be breakfast burritos and Apple Salad. This is seriously one of my favorite salads. I honestly cannot remember where I got the recipe from and I don't measure any more, but it's just a few chopped apples, a handful of chopped walnuts, a handful of raisins or dried cranberries, and a cup of your favorite flavor yogurt. Raspberry is a favorite around here.
Thursday We will be trying out Taco Pasta because it looked and sounded delicious over at Org Junkie the other week, and I just can't wait any more.
Friday looks like it'll be a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with Baked JoJo Potatoes kind of night.
Saturday I'll make a big pot of spaghetti with a salad, so that
Sunday can be leftovers aka anything night.
Breakfasts this week are cream of wheat, Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal, Banana Carrot muffins, cereal and peanut butter toast.
Lunches are sandwiches, baked sweet potatoes, and pizza cups from baking day
Desserts are Fruit Cocktail cake, ice cream and strawberry shortcake. We would have had Latte Bars, too, except that batch from baking day are totally gone. I can't wait to make more!
Are you having trouble planning your menu for the week? Check out Organizing Junkie for hundreds of menu plan ideas!
Until next time, rock on my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Clean the fridge soup. What a fantastic idea. I love it! Rock on. ;)

    ReplyDelete