Saturday, April 3, 2010

Baking Day

Happy Baking Day! I usually do my baking and get a head start on cooking for the week every Saturday. What did I do today? Boiled 2 dozen eggs for coloring tonight. These will be devilled eggs tomorrow, snacks and egg salad sandwiches during the week. Baked a batch of peanut butter baked oatmeal and bagged up in the freezer for breakfasts later in the week. Made cake balls, aka cake bombs for desserts during the week Baked a batch of gingerbread cookies for snacks and lunches. I know these seem odd for this time of year, but I bake based on what I have on hand. These were the winner this week. I also threw a few sweet potatoes and a pound of sausage links in the oven while everything else was baking. We can just reheat and eat later. It was a small list to accomplish this week, but we still have pumpkin bread and corn dog muffins in the freezer from last baking day. I also figured I'd cut it short since I'll be back in the kitchen for Easter cooking tomorrow. What did you bake today? Until next time, rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment