Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baking Day 5/29/10

Happy Saturday! Even though I'm only half way through my baking this week, I've decided to finish up tomorrow. Why am I baking like a mad woman this weekend? Simply because I won't be home during the next two Saturdays. I want to have the freezer well stocked to make up for the lack of baking in the near future.
I'll still be posting on Saturdays, I'll just be doing things a little differently over the next couple weeks.
Here's where I'm at so far:
A pan of chocolate chip bar cookies. These are actually for dessert tonight and for snacks this week. I'll make another batch tomorrow for the freezer. Note to self: don't walk away from the oven when the phone rings. The poor things turned out a little more crisp than they should have. Sorry guys, just keepin' it real.
I've got a double batch of pizza crust in the big bowl. When the giant ham (not pictured) comes out of the oven, I'll be making ham and cheese cups for lunches. Now that I think about it, they would make great breakfasts too with a side of scrambled eggs. Bonus!
Yes, that is yet another batch of Latte Bars that have made their way into the baking list. I did, for the record, freeze half of last week's. I'll be freezing half of these as well.
I got a pan of Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal done. This stuff is so good. It's nothing like the traditional bowl of mush, which is why I think the kids love it so much. Sometimes I add a handful of chocolate chips or Raisins, but didn't this time. I'm having trouble with the recipe link I usually use for this, so I'll post the recipe tomorrow for you guys.
In the oval and muffin tin is a new recipe to me. I found the recipe in one of my (many) old cookbooks. They're called Moist and Minty Brownies and were totally simple! Here's the recipe
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. water
1 (10oz) pkg. Nestle Toll House mint flavored semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, combine sugar, butter and water. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes; stir until smooth. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with mixer after each addition. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate chips. Spread in a greased 9" square pan. Make 25-35 minutes until center is set. Cool completely. Cut into squares.
You can see I stole one of the little muffins of goodness to sample. I couldn't share the recipe unless I knew it was a keeper. I can't wait to experiment with different flavors of chocolate chips in this recipe. Something tells me these won't last long.
There you have it for today folks. Stay tuned tomorrow for the second half of my baking spree! Have a great rest of your day!
Until next time, rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment