Sunday, May 16, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 5/17/10

Happy Monday rockers! Since my weekend was a little more busy than I had originally planned, I never got the last ham baked. I'll be bumping that up later in the week. I may pay for that since the weather is getting warmer, but I'm hoping it'll work out fine. I also remembered that we have a day trip planned for Saturday in San Francisco, so I'll have to get the baking done this week on Friday or Sunday. I love the busyness that comes with the warmer weather. There's always an adventure to be had. With that in mind, I'm going to allow for flexibility in the menu for this week (maybe from here on out). So, I'm not going to assign a specific meal for a specific day, just list the choices available. That way, depending on what is going on throughout the week in addition to whatever may pop up unexpectedly, we won't have to rely on the drive through. I'll just fix whatever fits with the day.
Here we go:
Dinners are going to be Clean The Fridge Soup. I talked about it here. We're supposed to get rain a day or two this week, so I'll try to make it on one of those days, then, we can have the leftovers the following night.
We'll also have Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole again at some point due to popular demand.
I hope to bake the ham Thursday or Friday. We'll have it with mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed veggies.
During the weekend we'll have hot dogs and macaroni salad and then Ham and Pea Thing. I've searched and searched for a recipe similar to mine, but can't find one. I got the recipe from one of my mom's old cookbooks ages ago, although I don't remember which one. I can't remember what it's real name was, either. I usually double the recipe.
Ham and Pea Thing
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 c. frozen peas
6 Tbsp. chicken stock
5 oz. thickly cut cooked ham, cut into strips
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound macaroni, or whatever pasta you have in the house
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
Cook macaroni, drain, set aside. Saute onions, ham and peas in butter or margarine. Add stock. Simmer till onions and peas are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta to ham and pea mixture, stir well. Sprinkle cheese on top.

Breakfasts will be cereal, bread pudding and Banana Banana Bread from Baking Day and we still have some muffins and Baked Oatmeal in the freezer.

For lunches, we'll have ham and cheese tortilla wraps, sandwiches, Pizza Cups from Baking Day and corn dog muffins from the freezer.

Have a great week everyone! Don't forget to check out Menu Plan Monday for hundreds of great menu ideas!

Until next time, rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment