Friday, May 21, 2010

Baking Day Done Early 5/21/10

Hey rockers, happy Friday! I finished up the baking for this week a day early since we won't be home much this weekend. I have to admit that even though there is a lot of work that goes into baking every week, I do look forward to it. I enjoy baking anyway, but getting this much done once a week really helps to keep the rest of the week's menu in order. If the menu is in order we eat better, save money and have more fun! Here's this week's goodies:
A batch of Whole Wheat Cinnamon Cookies. I picked these as the cookie of the week because they're simple, freeze well, and hold up awesome on road trips. Exactly what we'll need this weekend! I'm also going to freeze a bag of these for our next road trip in a couple weeks.
I threw a batch of Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats together. I make Krispy treats all the time, but haven't had the peanut butter kind in years. Again, I picked these for the travel factor. I also have half a dozen bags of random holiday marshmallows that I need to finish using.
A batch of Latte Bars. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know. Half of these WILL make it into the freezer too. I swear they will!
A couple rolls of croissants. Alright, so these bad boys aren't from scratch, but they'll rock in the bag of munchie goodness while on the road this weekend!
Finally, I made a huge batch of macaroni salad. This isn't for the road so much as it is for quick meals this weekend while we are actually at home. I have a feeling that if we do it right, no one will feel like cooking by the time we get home. With this in the fridge we can just throw some sandwiches together and call it dinner.
That's all for today folks! What have you guys and gals been baking?
Until next time, rock on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment